Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another BFF: The Slooow Cooker

One of my cheap thrills for the past year has been waking up to the enticing smell of a cooked meal. How did I live for so long without a slow cooker? I really like tossing in all of the herbs, spices, mushrooms, celery, and usually chicken breasts or drumsticks and turning it on low about 2 hours before I go to bed. When I wake up, it's like someone prepared food just for me and then I laugh at myself because I am the someone who prepared the food... just for me. Hahahahahahah!!!
Often, as I brew my morning decaf, I make my lunch from the slow food for the day and put the other 3-5 servings in the fridge for dinner that night or lunch (sometimes breakfast) the next day. It's a very healthy time saver and another form of self-nurturing. Yummy Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment