Tuesday, January 6, 2009

3 Days of No Spending, Temptation Hovers About

I haven't spent any money outside of monthly bills and giving to my church since last Saturday: I went to the farmer's market, filled my car with gas, and came back home. It is now Tuesday night and I still have a half tank of gas, food for all of my meals for the rest of the week, and enough coffee for the next 3 months that I brew at home. I think I will shoot for a 5-day spending fast. I've done it many times before over the past 4 years but I will likely need to fill the tank before Friday. We'll see.

As I was driving home today, Office Depot called out to me to stop by and browse. I yelled back, "Not today. Going straight home and putting on my pajamas and eating what's in the fridge." I also noticed a used furniture store that caught my eye, but I said that I would have to set aside a day when I plan to spend. Today is not the day. I'll have to put that on the calendar. I already marked my January calendar to order a new pair of walking shoes and a few pennies for some clothes. So, I will buy the items before February. Just not today, not this week. Freedom!

2 comments:

  1. After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for. ECCLESIASTES 12:13 TEV

    ReplyDelete