Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Simple Living Isn't About Deprivation

I will celebrate New Year's Eve with a lobster tail and crab leg dinner, a side of steamed broccoli and a baked potato or rice pilaf. I will have a glass of sparkling apple cider. Since I am preparing this meal at home myself and the seafood was on sale at my local market, this meal will cost me about $10 per serving and I bought enough to serve myself another round or two tomorrow, New Year's Day. So, I exchanged three seafood meals at home over two days for same cost of one in a restaurant.

Like half of the women in America, I am single. Unlike most of the single women I've met, except for a couple of select friends, I am both single and happy. Who wouldn't want to be in a good marriage or in a relationship leading to the nuptials? (And I really mean a good one 'cause anyone can marry and be with the wrong person. That's very easy to do.) I only have total control over my own happiness on a daily basis not making Mr. Wonderful appear. So, in lieu of searching for anyone at someone's party tonight, I am going to enjoy a simple dinner with contentment and joy on my own. As in years past, I will likely go to bed around 9 or 10 and wake up around midnight, say a thank you Lord prayer, and go right back to sleep. No drama, no deprivation! Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment